Saturday, May 18, 2013

What up. Sonic Youth is the shit and other things as well.

Hey what up everyone. This is Kai. I figure I don't write enough, so I've decided to take up the pen. I'm just going to go free form I guess.

What do you think? I mean, really?

I've come to this conclusion that make valuation statements about things is meaningless. No-one has an honest opinion of anything. Think of all the friends you have. You really hate most of them, but do you? Are you a moral person, perhaps you're a bad friend? No. You like them. You don't hate them. You're the upright sort, fundamentally.

Do you ever get that feeling of dream-nostalgia? They're are places I've been to that I've never been to. It's bizarre. Kim Gordon's voice sounds so good. J'Accuse Ted Hughes.

Do you ever get memes that pop-up in your life repeatedly? I keep seeing, "Cut at 300hz" everywhere. It's probably just a confirmation bias, but I don't know.

Don't you miss the Salt Lake punk scene? What happened niggers? I mean, I really wasn't old enough to go to shows or anything but I basically grew up around that shit. What happened to all the cool Emo-rock bands? I went to a Dinosaur Jr show last September and all the kids under 25 didn't know who Fugazi are. That's a fucking shame, really. On a related note, Guy Picciotto is probably the best guitar player ever.

Anyway, peace America. Hopefully your economic turndown will reverse itself in the near future. I'm pretty hopeful. Remember, buying war-bonds is like punching Hitler right in the face.

--Kai.

(Signed, but not for legal purposes this signature is non-binding to any individual.)


No comments:

Post a Comment