Friday, February 22, 2013

Hip Hop Beats pt. 1 of ∞.

Yoall! This more or me playing with the sampler. I'm not using a a controller here. I'm just turning the samples on and off with the mouse. The picture is some cars by my house with a long exposure.


All and (in?) all, It's been really enlightening working with samplers and synths and stuff. The whole idea of envelopes is pretty wicked, especially coming from a guitar perspective. I'd like to set up guitar effects wtih LFO's and filters and stuff. I think I'm good with the DD-7 for now though. That kind of already takes as many batteries as it is. Plus, I kind of like the whole vibe of just carrying around my Vox in one hand and my Strat in the other. I can get reverb from the the room, thanks a bunch.

Those purple cables from Radioshack are working pretty well so far. I wish they were longer but whatever. I've been doing a lot of great work with the Fender recently. I'm starting to understand why Sonic Youth and J. Mascis use them and stuff. It's all about the attack. If you can hit a Fender the right way, it makes this beautifully nasty sound. I'd like to have a few Fenders. A Telecaster would be nice. I think I could kill it with a Jazzmaster though. I've been digging Elvis Costello a lot lately.

I'm going to make tomorrow productive. I think there's an extra battery for the 7D but I'm not sure. I really like film making. I like how bullshitty it is. I'd like to film more skating. Sadly, my front truck broke and I'm out of the game for nao. Life goes on I guess.

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them."

Salvador Dali 

--Kai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment