Thursday, February 28, 2013

New muzik to (not) take drugs to! 毒品

This is something I recorded around 1:00. There are some interesting harmonies inside.

 

 The nice thing with playing this way is you don't have to think linearlily about chords. You can stack progressions on top of each other at the same time and make interesting things happen. I tried to have a little counter-melody on top of everything, but when one plays keyboards in this fashion, one has little control ultimately.

I learned an new change while playing through this. It's basically like... You take a key and you lower the 7th to create a Mixolydian thing and then you go one black key down and you find this mysterious harmony that sounds like it's out of one of those hokey Jesus movies. It sounds good though. I guess it would technically be a Aug5->Min7->I->ect, but I could be wrong.


"I just want to make love to her. That's the only reason I do anything."

-Kai.

No comments:

Post a Comment